MOST VALUED STRENGTH: OUR COUNSELLORS
A well-chosen staff remains Camp Claret’s most precious asset.
Our counselors 17 years of age and over are French-speaking and all Cegep or University students chosen with great care because they are adult role-models for our campers.
An Award for Excellence
Several criteria are essential to becoming a candidate for the Award: the full one-week intensive training program offered at pre-camp, 8 weeks of work at Camp Claret with campers as a counselor during a same summer as well as 4 progressive evaluations during this time with objectives to be met. When excellence is reached by the end of the summer, the Directors of the Camp will very proudly give an Award of Excellence to the candidate.
This award is very significant and says a lot about the value of the person and the quality of his/her work regarding all aspects of the camp life. This means that the counselor has reached high standards in all of the following criteria :
- Love of children and a quality presence with them
Sense of responsibility
Assimilation and meticulous respect of our safety rules
Technical and professional know-how
Maturity and self-confidence
- Team spirit and positive attitude
- Initiative, tenacity and work well done
- A desire to improve one’s self and high ideals
- A total commitment to the Philosophy of Camp Claret and its values
- The Counsellor has earned for himself/herself the total confidence of the Directors.